1. Develop a strategic plan on how to coordinate and promote the joint scientific activities of PICES to further advance the understanding the Central Arctic Ocean and its interaction and linkage with its Pacific Gateways. The plan may include:
- Propose workshops/sessions to engage those involved in IEA and monitoring of the Arctic Ocean and its Gateways;
- Represent and coordinate responses of PICES concerning the Arctic Ocean and the connected waters in cooperation with partners and other international organizations, including WGICA (Joint PICES/ICES/PAME Working Group on an Integrated Ecosystem Assessment (IEA) for the Central Arctic Ocean (CAO)), and WGIEANBS-CS (Joint PICES/ICES Working Group on Integrated Ecosystem Assessment for the Northern Bering Sea - Chukchi Sea);
- Draft recommendations for better collaboration within PICES and with larger international initiatives relevant to the Arctic Ocean including the UN Decade of Ocean Science;
2. Propose new EGs or AP that can advance the ARC strategic plan.