In addition to its PICES reports, the proposed Working Group on Ecology of Seamounts is anticipated to produce scientific papers for publication in the primary literature as well as work closely with the PICES Secretariat and BIO Committee to develop outreach deliverables to communicate its activities and findings to the general public as well as NPFC:
- A primary paper that provides technical guidance on the application of predictive modeling approaches for seamount biodiversity and reviews this WG’s improved understanding of the oceanographic factors that influence seamount biodiversity.
- A primary paper that produces maps of the known and predicted distribution and abundance of pelagic, demersal, and benthic biodiversity associated with seamounts in the North Pacific Ocean.
- A primary paper that reviews this WG’s understanding of interspecific interactions among seamount taxa.
- A primary paper that identifies indicators of seamount biodiversity for assessment and monitoring.
- A media outreach article for dissemination of the WG’s activities and findings to the general public.
- Annual presentations about the WG’s activities and research findings to NPFC’s Scientific Committee.